"" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" "" Disclaimer | The Spider Guide

Spiderguide.Blogspot.com has moved to https://usaspiders.com/

Disclaimer

I would like to make it clear that I am not professionally trained. I have no schooling, degree, or certificate on spiders, or entomology or anything of the sort.  In 2009 I knew as little about spiders as anyone else.

Everything I know about spiders comes from looking them up when I find them, or when someone sends me a picture to identify. In the years of doing this however, I have learned quite a lot about them and can ID many of them from looking at them, but there are always spiders I will need to look up, and it is always possible I could be wrong on occasion.

It is not always easy or even possible to identify a species of spider by looking at it. There are several species thaat look very much alike with only very minimal differences. On the other end of the spectrum, there are many species that can have many different appearances within the same species. The only way to 100% positively identify a species of spider is to have it dissected and checked under a microscope by a true expert. In many cases however, I can help, so I will help when I can and be honest when I cant.

If I am not sure, I will let you know. If I ever find I was wrong on an ID, I will let you know.  If you ever disagree with my identification, or any information on my site, feel free to let me know and I will look into it, or give you more information to try and back my opinion up. If you still disagree and wish a second opinion, I will completely understand and will even give you the information to get it identified by a real expert.